PHP / Symfony Developer
Experience: 5+ Years in Backend Development
A successful candidate will:
- Develop ERP solutions based on Symfony and API Platform
- Work with Project Manager to study the business cases and plan and estimate tasks
- Develop modular architecture, allowing for maximum flexibility and customization
- Improve existing modules and maintain high code quality
- Test his/hers code with unit and/or integration tests
- Profile implementation for performance and scalability
- Share knowledge and continuously learn and improve
- Good communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Proficiency in using git in a team environment (GitFlow)
- Good object-oriented design (OOD) skills/familiarity with design patterns and SOLID principles
- Good knowledge of Symfony components and architecture
- REST API design
- Software testing (PHPUnit, PHPSpec, Behat)
- MySQL profiling and query optimization
A huge plus if you have experience with:
- Developing larger CRM or ERP systems
- Mercure (https://mercure.rocks/)
- Docker-based development
- MQ (Rabbit or otherwise :))
Why join us?
Let’s give you a few details, other stuff we can cover later during an interview.
- There are currently about 35 of us in AM2, headquarters are in Zagreb and another office in Banja Luka with, but almost 50% of our team is scattered around a number of cities and countries working remotely. You can learn from a diverse team.
- We have a flexible working environment, you can adjust your working hours and place of work however you see fit. If you’d like to join us in our Zagreb or Banja Luka office, you’ll find a working station waiting for you but it’s not a requirement.
- We have a Canadian company myZone Media which altogether with AM2 counts about 60 people all over the world. Be a part of a multinational team.
- You will be additionally compensated according to your contribution. If we have hired you it means you have the required knowledge and experience, but what makes the difference is your commitment, speed, ability to think outside of the box, your enthusiasm, and proactive thinking. We will track your progress closely and act accordingly.
- Yeah, we tend to go on various team building activities and dev retreats. We also have a policy of sending all team members to at least one conference per year. This is a bit challenging in 2020 due to COVID-19, but we can’t wait for the next dev retreat that will bring us on into one big house with a pool and barbeque.
More about AM2 Studio
Our mission – Why do we do it?
We believe in building a Happy & Positive work environment, where team members can grow and strive personally and professionally, where we bring value to our clients and to the world.
Our vision: How do we do it?
We focus on providing top quality web solutions for our clients, in an enjoyable well structured & stressless process, that enable our clients to grow their business and optimize their time. We do so by ensuring we continually learn and improve, by providing an environment of education, mentorship & life balance for our team. We aim to continually challenge ourselves ensuring we always move forward.
We have been a flexible & remote company from Day 01 ever since we started hiring in 2013, and that has given us quite a lot of time to figure out how to create a really good remote work environment. Working remotely, and working in a flexible environment is not a new thing for us that we were forced into in 2020. Every single process in the company, from detailed & automated onboarding, to weekly check-ins, monthly & quarterly reviews, as well as continually setting up personal objectives, has been set up to work seamlessly and to scale. The way we manage our projects has been refined over and over again, to a point where everyone can have an enjoyable process from our Project Managers, to the Development team and ultimately our Clients. We never stop improving what we do and how we do it.
We are continually investing in building our own products, to be more precise, we reinvested more than $2M in profit from client work into Product development. Our flagship products are myzonetickets.com, an event ticketing platform operating in the North American market, and Agency Management Suite – an ERP that optimizes and automates running a digital agency, which is still in its infancy but already highly developed and we’re using it internally. Working on Product development forces us to continually invest in top-quality architecture, refactoring, and staying current with the latest industry trends.
If you think you would be a good fit in our environment, let’s talk!