Senior WordPress Backend Developer (m/f)
Experience: 3+ Years with PHP/WordPress
Who are we looking for?
We will assume you wouldn’t be reading this post if you are not an experienced PHP developer so we’ll just skip the general “You need to know how to write code” stuff. You do need to know PHP, MySQL, some JS and all that, but we are far beyond that point.
Let’s keep it simple, try answering a few questions:
- Have you ever been challenged to build something custom on WordPress, either a plugin or custom theme functionality, that solved a problem or optimized the way problem is solved?
- Have you ever debugged WordPress site or Code, going through the code and resolving the problem, learning tons in the process and ended up with a new experience?
- Have you browsed through a bunch of hooks and filters to build a custom feature/plugin and got amazed how every time you do that you learn something new about the WP Core?
- Do you feel like there is so much more you could be working on and learning about?
- Are you eager to work on high-end WP projects, developing stuff that 99.99% of other WordPress sites and projects may never need?
Yes, Yes and Yes? Great, keep reading…
Why are we hiring?
We simply have so much to do and so little time. About 40% of our company is focusing on building products and internal projects, on top of that we are continuously expanding our team that is focused on building client sites and custom web applications on WordPress. At this point we have several internal projects that we had to put on pause for a little while because of lack of resources and lack of focus. We want to change that, full speed ahead!
What will you be working on?
You will be working on pretty exciting projects, let’s give you a quick intro:
- eventZone – Events engine and WP plugin. We have built an engine that is aggregating data from various different sources like Facebook, Soundcloud, Last.FM, various different ticketing affiliate feeds and other sources, to have a most comprehensive database of events, places, and artists in the world! This engine enables us to spawn a city-based portal such as CalgaryEvents.com in minutes.
- AM2 ERP – We are building a custom WP-based ERP framework to help companies optimize their processes and workflow. Fun thing is, we are building it to be highly flexible and reusable and we’re packaging it into a full-scale WP plugin/framework.
- SiteBuilder Framework – We are building a site builder based on WP Customizer that we will utilize in several verticals (primarily Events & Cannabis industry)
- eCom Solution for Print Shops – Did we mention we own a print shop in Vancouver? Well, we are building an eCommerce platform with all bells and whistles such as product customization, multi-vendor, multi-currency and so on, but we are also going beyond and building it in a way we can deploy it to other Print Shops through WP Multisite.
- High-traffic WP sites and challenging client projects. We are developing and maintaining several high traffic WP sites like clubZone.com, vancityBuzz.com and truthdig.com that require high-end WP knowledge and experience. Working on projects that require additional attention to caching, optimization and code structure within WP is a good place to learn and improve. There is something new we learn on every step of the way. From custom caching mechanisms to optimizing every single thing and building tons of custom features like popularity indexes, extending API endpoints, custom media folder structure and so on.
Interested? There is much more, but this post needs to stay in a reasonable length…
Why join us?
Last but not least, you are at this point imagining how it would be like to leave your current job or freelancing to join us but you’re wondering how day-to-day will look like.
Let’s give you a few details, other stuff we can cover later.
- There is currently about 35 of us in AM2, headquarters are in Zagreb with 19 work stations and another office in Banja Luka with 9 people, but almost 50% of our team is scattered around other cities and countries working remotely. You can learn.
- We have a flexible working environment, you can adjust your working hours and place of work however you see fit. If you’d like to join us in our Zagreb or Banja Luka office, we would be delighted to have you but it’s not a requirement.
- 2 years ago we merged with a Canadian company and we are a part of myZone Media which altogether counts about 55 people all over the world. Be a part of a multinational team.
- Salary? It will be discussed based on your experience. Really, for this position experience is quite important and with higher experience level we are happy to offer higher starting salary. Minimum is in $1500 range (net, plus taxes and government stuff).
- You will be additionally compensated according to your contribution. If we have hired you it means you have the required knowledge and experience, but what makes the difference is your commitment, speed, ability to think outside of the box, your enthusiasm and proactive thinking. We will track your progress closely and act accordingly.
- Yeah, we tend to go on various team building activities and retreats. We also have a policy of sending all team members to at least one conference per year.
- If you are in it for the long run building our company together and developing worldwide projects, and you become a vital have a chance of acquiring company shares through our stock option plan and being a part of something big.
Still here? Let’s talk!